Maths at Monkwray
At Monkwray, we are aware that mathematics is integral to all aspects of life and with this in mind we endeavour to ensure that children develop a healthy and enthusiastic attitude towards mathematics that will stay with them. Our aim is to equip all pupils with the skills and confidence to solve a range of problems through fluency with numbers and mathematical reasoning.
- To have a positive attitude towards Mathematics.
- To have an understanding of mathematical processes and be able to use these with confidence in practical situations.
- To be able to understand the role of mathematical skills in ‘real’ life.
- To use mathematical language and communicate ideas mathematically.
- To have an awareness of mathematical patterns.
- To be confident in using mathematics to investigate independently.
- To meet the requirements of the New National Curriculum 2014 (fluency – reasoning – problem solving) through a broad and balanced approach.
Latest on our Maths Blog:
Times Tables Rockstars Competition
Earlier this year, Miss Styles selected a group of children from Years 3 – 6 to take part in an inter-school competition which was held at St Begh’s Junior School. The children raced against the clock to display their skills and accuracy with the times tables. All of the children were fantastic and we were delighted to come away with a trophy as Jack (Y6) won 1st place in the Years 5 and 6 section for his skills and accuracy.