Latest from our RE Blog
Throughout school, Religious Education is taught using whole class, group and individual work. Planning is based on the 2017 Revised Cumbria Agreed Syllabus.
At Monkwray, we aim to adopt a cross curricular approach to our teaching by linking RE effectively with other areas of the curriculum.
We contribute to the spiritual development of our pupils by..
- exploring powerful questions of meaning and truth
- understanding the importance of feelings, emotions and experiences in religious belief and practice
- considering the value and purpose of human beings
- reflecting on who and what matters in life in order to develop their own views and ideas on religious and spiritual issues
- considering how religions and beliefs express key ideas and experiences