Throughout school, Religious Education is taught using whole class, group and individual work. Planning is based on the 2017 Revised Cumbria Agreed Syllabus.
At Monkwray, we aim to adopt a cross curricular approach to our teaching by linking RE effectively with other areas of the curriculum.
We contribute to the spiritual development of our pupils by..
- exploring powerful questions of meaning and truth
- understanding the importance of feelings, emotions and experiences in religious belief and practice
- considering the value and purpose of human beings
- reflecting on who and what matters in life in order to develop their own views and ideas on religious and spiritual issues
- considering how religions and beliefs express key ideas and experiences