Welcome to our Science Blog
At Monkwray Junior School, our vision is to develop curiosity in our children to help them become confident scientists that have a deeper understanding of the world we live in.
Science teaching and learning in our school is good when….
- We articulate ourselves using scientific vocabulary in a range of contexts.
- We work with local businesses, scientists and charities to develop an understanding of science in the real world.
- We use our prior knowledge and our curiosity of the world around us to ask questions.
- We use investigations and enquiry skills to work scientifically when finding out the answers to our questions about the world.
- We use our local environment and the outdoors as a stimulus for our learning.
- We share our love of science with our friends, school and wider community.
Our principles can found on our of our science display boards in school and around our classrooms. We use our principles of good teaching and learning in every aspect of our science lessons.
Click the Science at Monkwray button below to find out more about Science in each year group.