Welcome to our Science Blog
Welcome to Monkwray Junior School’s Science page.
At Monkwray Junior School, our vision is to develop curiosity in our children to help them become confident scientists that have a deeper understanding of the world we live in.
What’s going on in science this year?
This academic year, we are very excited to be working towards gaining the Primary Science Quality Mark (PSQM). It is our goal to demonstrate our commitment in embedding Science and our Science Principles throughout the whole curriculum. We are very keen on raising the profile of science in our school and showing pupils how science is embedded into our daily lives. Throughout the year, we envisage that our children will see science through industry, charities and businesses. We are also working very hard to embed scientific vocabulary into all curriculum work to help us articulate our opinions, statements and answers.
Science teaching and learning in our school is good when….
- We articulate ourselves using scientific vocabulary in a range of contexts.
- We work with local businesses, scientists and charities to develop an understanding of science in the real world.
- We use our prior knowledge and our curiosity of the world around us to ask questions.
- We use investigations and enquiry skills to work scientifically when finding out the answers to our questions about the world.
- We use our local environment and the outdoors as a stimulus for our learning.
- We share our love of science with our friends, school and wider community.
Our principles can found on our of our science display boards in school and around our classrooms. We use or principles of good teaching and learning in every aspect of our science lessons.